[audio https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/07-that-girl.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/5am-in-toronto.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/03-days-and-days-feat-2-chainz.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/03-royals.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/07-somewhere-in-america.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/07-wanderlust.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/05-hold-my-liquor.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/16-born-sinner-f_-james-fauntleroy.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/04-hold-on-f_-rick-ross.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/01-holy-grail-f_-justin-timberlake.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/02-kenny-lofton-f_-young-jeezy.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/08-hold-on-were-going-home-1.mp3, https://atolemdro.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/06-clown.mp3 |titles=Justin Timberlake “That Girl”, Drake “5AM in Toronto”, Lil’ Wayne f/ 2 Chainz “Days and Days”, Lorde “Royals”, Jay-Z “Somewhere in America”, The Weeknd “Wanderlust”, Kanye West f/ Chief Keef & Justin Vernon “Hold My Liquor”, J. Cole f/ James Fauntleroy “Born Sinner”, Pusha T f/ Rick Ross & Kanye West “Hold On”, Jay-Z f/ Justin Timberlake “Holy Grail”, J. Cole f/ Young Jeezy “Kenny Lofton”, Drake “Hold On We’re Going Home”, Emeli Sande “Clown (live)” |loop=yes]
above is a playlist of some of my favorite music from 2013. whether it was lyrics, pacing, production, content, etc., each song had something that kept in heavy rotation throughout the year.
as you listen, click on the pics below for the track list + a 7-words-or-less explanation for why i liked each song.
1. justin timberlake “that girl”: smooth sounds, great pacing and just cool
2. drake “5am in toronto”: vibe of being the best out
3. lil wayne f/ 2 chainz “days and days”: punchlines, bravado, flow + beat
4. lorde “royals”: refreshing track from an equally refreshing album
5. jay-z “somewhereinamerica”: loved the jazz funeral march beat…10. “holy grail” f/ justin timberlake: great collabo between hov, jt & timbo
6. the weeknd “wanderlust”: sonically, a joy for the ears
7. kanye west “hold my liquor”: exquisite sound construction. just listen.
8. j. cole f/ james fauntleroy “born sinner”: genuine, relatable, sounds great
9. pusha t f/ rick ross & kanye west “hold on”: the hook, overall vibe & kanye’s autotune
11. j. cole f/ young jeezy “kenny lofton”: the song i played the most
12: drake “hold on we’re going home”: the 80s sound makes it super catchy
13. emeli sande “clown (live)”: effortless voice, emotion that resonates